Health and Social Care
Library resources for health and social care students, including recommended websites, and NICE guidance.
Databases for health and social care
Search for journal articles and other health data.
- Databases for health and social care (including CINAHL, MEDLINE and Social Care Online)
Study skills workshops and online workbooks
- Find out more about the workshops and book a place
- Library workbooks:
- HAS online library workbook - learn how to find evidence and information.
- Health and social care dissertation workbook - a step-by-step guide to planning and completing your undergraduate dissertation.
- HAS CPD students - learn more about the critical reading and writing skills required when studying at Masters level.
- How to critically appraise health information - Learn how to evaluate evidence, identify different types of research design and apply the basic principles of critical appraisal.
- Creating an Academic Poster - A brief introduction to the principles behind poster presentation: what a poster is, why present a poster and how to create a good poster.
- Reflective writing - a guide to the theory and practice behind reflective writing.
Help for health and social care
- Anatomical models - browse and request.
- Anatomy and physiology - interactive resources.
- Career toolkit - access hundreds of tools and resources to help you plan for your future.
- e-Learning for Healthcare - A range of modules on a number of healthcare topics. Accessible with an NHS OpenAthens account.
- Image resources.
- NHS Mentors - guidance on Practice Support Net.
- Students on placement.
- Mental health and wellbeing resources - print and e-books covering a wide range of topics relating to health and wellbeing.