Architecture and Planning
Databases for architecture and planning
Search for journal articles, building drawings and other architecture and planning information.
- Databases for architecture and planning (including Construction Information Service, and Great Buildings Online)
UK and international partners
If you are studying for a UWE Bristol degree at the City School of Architecture in Sri Lanka, you can access most, but not all, of our databases.
For more information, visit the UWE Bristol students and staff at partner institutions web page.
University of Bristol Special Collections: Art and Architecture
The University of Bristol Special Collections include the Art and Architecture collection incorporating the library of the Bristol Society of Architects, with resources dating back to 1523. This is also known as the Ruding Bryan Collection.
Students can apply to access the University of Bristol libraries, including the Special Collections, via SCONUL Access. View the UWE Bristol Library guide to visiting other Libraries for full details about what you need to do to apply for your SCONUL Access. The University of Bristol SCONUL Access visitors webpage has more information on the information they need from you, in order to grant access to their libraries.
Undergraduate students and postgraduate students can also visit any of the nine University of Bristol libraries without applying for membership, however please be aware that access is restricted at certain points in the year and visitors cannot borrow, or reserve items. For more information, see their Visitor Access webpages.
Help for architecture and planning
- FET online library workbook - introduction to finding information using UWE Bristol Library resources.
- Foundation library online workbook - introduction to finding information using UWE Bristol Library resources for students studying on a foundation course or foundation year.
- FET dissertation and project support workbook - find information and resources to help you develop the information skills you need to carry out your dissertation or project.
- Technical report writing: guidance on writing technical reports - including advice on introductions, structure, formatting and punctuation, language, graphs, tables and images, referencing and proofreading.
- How to research employers (for FET students) - improve your commercial awareness and better understand who you want to work for.
- Professional development for Built Environment students - online workbook with videos, activities and links to extensive resources to help you research your career options and make applications for placements and jobs.
- Law for Non-Lawyers workbook
- UWE Bristol Library for distance learners - All the information you need about the resources and services that you can access from home.
- Library on tour - find out when your subject librarians are available in Q or N block. They can help you find information, reference, and more.
- BIM UWE on YouTube – a series of training videos on 'Revit software for Building Information Modeling' created by Patrick Thornhill, for UWE Bristol students. See also the group BIM@UWE on LinkedIn.
- Statistical data
Stay up to date
- Set up alerts for new journal articles or conference papers
- New books and DVDs for architecture and planning