Join the Library
All are welcome to visit the Library, join the Library and borrow books - free of charge. You don't have to be a UWE Bristol student or member of staff.
Services available to members of the public
Reference use of print books and journals
Borrow and reserve books
Once you join the Library and are issued a library card you can...
- Access any of the four campus libraries during opening hours (or external borrower access hours for Frenchay campus library).
- Borrow up to 5 items, excluding audio-visual materials and laptop loans.
- Make 2 reservations at a time.
Guest access to databases
Members of the public have limited guest access to databases. This service is only available from library PCs and requires a separate registration.
UWE Bristol participates in the Eduroam service, which provides wireless internet access for visitors from participating institutions.
How to join
- Please read the library's code of conduct.
- If you are already registered with a local public library, bring your LibrariesWest or Active Card* to a UWE Bristol library during staffed hours and we will add your card to our system.
- Otherwise, complete the online application to join the library.
* LibrariesWest comprises all the public libraries in Bath & North East Somerset, Bristol, North Somerset, Somerset, and South Gloucestershire.