Benefits of open access, and further information
Benefits of open access and useful resources.
Benefits of open access.
Open access benefits the author, institution, and wider community as well as meeting funder requirements.
- Benefits of open access - Green and Gold routes to publication
- Cameron Neylon explains open access and its importance in publishing in the 21st Century in the video Publishing in the 21st Century.
- The Open Citation Project provides a bibliography of research on the impact of open access on citations.
- The Times Higher Education has produced features on how open-access papers generate more citations and are more likely to be cited on Twitter.
- The Research Repository blog features updates on open- access policy.
Open Research series
A series of recorded workshops on the benefits and practical application of Open Research:
- Open Access: It's real and it's happening now.
- Open Access: it's legal and it's good to be involved.
- The Path to Data Sharing: How open can I go?
For explanations of the terminology see the open-access glossary.