Aim and objectives
The fundamental aim of the project will be to develop a data management system with a clearly understood rationale, appropriate to a post 1992 institution, and to share experience and deliverables with the wider JISC and HE communities. The work will focus on the data management needs of two research centres in Health and Life Sciences.
- To draw on the outcomes of previous JISC MRD projects to investigate current research data management and curation practices in selected projects of two research centres in Health and Life Sciences, which produce a wide range of data types.
- To develop models which address the research data management needs of these projects.
- To develop suitable processes, infrastructure and guidance which are in keeping with the culture and administrative processes of the university, and which fulfill the needs of our researchers.
- To integrate the MRD system with our existing Research Repository, so that there are clear and obvious links between research outputs and their underlying data.
- To establish the groundwork for good research data management practice to become embedded in the research life cycle at UWE.
- To share knowledge and experiences, and project deliverables, with the wider JISC and HE communities.