Additional resources for your research
Information on additional resources to support research including Sage Research Methods and study skills.
- Sage Research Methods Online is a research methods tool created to help researchers, staff and students with their research projects. It is not subject specific and focuses on methodology so can be used by researchers from all disciplines,
- The library holds many books and articles on research methods. Try browsing for research methods.
- The Library has provided lists of resources for all UWE Bristol subjects.
- For further advice on literature searching and subject specific databases contact your Subject Librarian.
- Help with refreshing your research skills (literature reviews, research design etc.) is available using self-directed study materials.
- Guidance on completing a Systematic Review, and information on how the library can support you, can be found on the study skills webpages.
- Lynda.com has thousands of online training videos for software, design, and business skills.
Researcher development support
- Research Business and Innovation is the central UWE Bristol support for research and related activities including research governance and ethics.
- The Graduate school handbook provides the information you need regarding regulations and expectations for research postgraduates.
- The Research Development Framework offers a series of events and workshops to support your research career development e.g. NVivo, how to get published, teaching workshops etc.
A range of online self-help guides are available. Vitae provides personal and professional development for researchers. Research zone is provided by Emerald publishers and can be accessed with a UWE Bristol log-in.
Visit other libraries
There are arrangements for UWE Bristol staff and students to visit other public and university libraries to use materials not available at UWE Bristol or for when you are working or living away from the city.