Accessing UWE Bristol Research Repository
Information and access to the Project Information and Management System (PIMS) and the UWE Bristol Research Repository.
Deposit and browse research outputs
- To deposit your research outputs you will need to log into PIMS
- To browse research outputs go to the new UWE Bristol Research Repository
- For help and advice concerning the Research Repository, please
Alternatively call us on 0117 32 86438.
As with the introduction of any new system we have encountered some issues, which are in the process of being resolved.
- We are aware of a number of postgraduate researchers who cannot access PIMS. There are issues arising due to a number of them having both Student and Staff login details, which aren’t always reflected in PIMS. We suggest logging in to your device as either Staff or Student, then using that login to try and access PIMS using the University’s single sign on service. If that account doesn’t work, follow the same process with your other account. If both of these fail, contact the Repository team who will investigate further.
- Outputs showing twice - staff may find that the same output appears duplicated in their publication list. This occurs when the member of staff lists themselves as both an author and a contributor. Please remember that you are not required to add contributors, and if you are already listed as an author you should not also be listed as a researcher under 'Contributor'.
- Citations - citations for publications are not in UWE Bristol Harvard standard. This is due to PIMS generating citations using a different standard.
- Staff profiles - publication lists on staff profiles now display the ten most recently published outputs rather than a full list of publications for the staff member. This is due to the long loading times that were required to generate the publication list for staff with lots of publications. A link to a staff member's full list of publications on the UWE Bristol Research Repository is available at the top of the publication list.
- Access to PIMS - UWE Bristol staff who are not able to login to PIMS using their UWE Bristol username and password should contact the Repository Team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. This is due to not all UWE Bristol staff being imported into the system as users.
Information on how to deposit, including a downloadable guide and video is available to help with depositing research outputs and theses.
If you wish to deposit a research dataset please visit the UWE Bristol Data Repository
Information on what needs to be considered when depositing various outputs, including theses and copyright.
The repository team offer training on using the Research Repository, complying with Research England requirements for the REF and other funder policies.
Information to help answer frequently asked questions regarding depositing research outputs.
Information to help answer frequently asked questions.
Information about policies regarding the use of metadata and full text.
Information on terms used in open access publishing.