Accessing UWE Bristol Research Repository
Information and access to the Project Information and Management System (PIMS) and the UWE Bristol Research Repository.
Deposit and browse research outputs
- To deposit your research outputs you will need to log into PIMS
- To browse research outputs go to the new UWE Bristol Research Repository
- Please allow up to 2 weeks for outputs to be reviewed, particularly in the run-up to REF 2021.
- For help and advice concerning the Research Repository, please
Alternatively call us on 0117 32 86438.
- Users must press the 'Deposit' button in order for their output to be deposited. Many outputs are staying at the 'in progress' stage of the upload process as users are not depositing them, resulting in those outputs not being reviewed and not being made discoverable on the Research Repository. The status of an output starts as 'in progress', changes to 'in review' once it has been deposited, and finally 'discoverable' once it has been reviewed and is publicly visible on the Research Repository.
- We are aware of a number of postgraduate researchers who cannot access PIMS. There are issues arising due to a number of them having both Student and Staff login details, which aren’t always reflected in PIMS. We suggest logging in to your device as either Staff or Student, then using that login to try and access PIMS using the University’s single sign on service. If that account doesn’t work, follow the same process with your other account. If both of these fail, contact the Repository team who will investigate further.
- Staff profiles - publication lists on staff profiles now display the ten most recently published outputs rather than a full list of publications for the staff member. This is due to the long loading times that were required to generate the publication list for staff with lots of publications. A link to a staff member's full list of publications on the UWE Bristol Research Repository is available at the top of the publication list.
Information on how to deposit, including a downloadable guide and video is available to help with depositing research outputs and theses.
If you wish to deposit a research dataset please visit the UWE Bristol Data Repository
Information on what needs to be considered when depositing various outputs, including theses and copyright.
The repository team offer training on using the Research Repository, complying with Research England requirements for the REF and other funder policies.
Information to help answer frequently asked questions regarding depositing research outputs.
Information to help answer frequently asked questions.
Information about policies regarding the use of metadata and full text.
Information on terms used in open access publishing.