Assistive-technology study spaces in the library
All UWE Bristol campus libraries have an assistive software on all student network computers. Plus there is a dedicated assistive technology room or computer that you can use for study, either alone or with a support worker.
What technology is available?
The assistive technology provided by UWE Bristol Libraries includes the following:
- Bookable PCs
- Adjustable furniture
- Task lighting
- Handheld video magnifiers
- High visibility keyboards
- Coloured paper for printing
- Assistive software
- SuperNova Magnifier and Speech
- ClaroRead text-to-speech
- Mindview mind-mapping
Not all assistive technology is available at each campus library. Contact your campus library for more information.
Accessing the study spaces
3D31, Assistive Technology room. This can be booked via MyPC.Book the Assistive Technology room
Other quiet study spaces
- 5D7: This is a small room accessed via the main study floor with 12 study spaces and PCs. This is suitable for silent study only.
- 5D19: This is a silent study room for bringing your own laptop or borrowing a library laptop. Our loanable laptops have a design software build.
- Silent study pods (Level 5, Zone B): Individual pods on our silent floor, which can help concentration.
- Level 4 has eight bookable group study rooms suitable for a range of group sizes.
There are eighteen height-adjustable desks located in Frenchay Library.
- Level 2: Three desks located by the Print Hub. Two of these can be booked via MyPC. These are PC numbers 2D59 Machine 08 and Machine 09.
- Level 3: Three desks located in Zone B. Zone B is closest to the IT Support Centre. Two additional desks are located in the Assistive Technology room (3D31).
- Level 4: Two desks with PCs located in Zone C.
- Level 5: Eight desks located in Zone D. Four of these can be booked via MyPC. Look for the PCs titled Zone D 37, 38, 39, 40.
The Works Learning Zone
There are four height-adjustable tables (sit to stand) in The Works (2F03). These are PC numbers: 9, 16, 17, and 24. These can be booked via MyPC.
1D004, Assistive Technology room. This can be booked via MyPC.
Bower Ashton Library, City Campus
A dedicated assistive technology computer is available.
There are also a number of height-adjustable desks available which are located in the alcoves and north wing. Some of these can be booked via MyPC. Contact us for further information.
Alexandra Warehouse Library (Gloucester Docks)
Help using the assistive technology
Training is available for all the assistive technology offered by UWE Bristol.
To make an appointment please contact us.