What do the self-service machines do?
They can do some, or all, of the following, depending upon the self-service machine you're using:
- Issue items
- Renew items
- Return items
- Issue items you have reserved that are awaiting collection
How do they work?
Full instructions are displayed on the machine’s screen.
You will need your library PIN.
Why won't it let me borrow?
- You have over £5.00 in outstanding or accruing library fines
- You have borrowed too many items (see below)
How long can I borrow an item for?
The majority of items may be borrowed for up to 365 days, with unlimited renewals - unless the item is recalled by another user. If the item is recalled, you will receive a notice to your UWE Bristol email address. You will then have 7 days to return it. If the item is not returned in time, then overdue charges will apply.
The item will only be issued for 8 days if there is a queue. In this situation you will also receive a recall notice the next day, which will confirm the date that the item is due.
We will send monthly loan reminders by email during your 365 day loan. Staff and students will receive these emails on their UWE Bristol email account.
What if I can't come to the library to borrow?
- You can fill out a third party consent form to allow someone to come and borrow on your behalf.
- You can request an item be posted.
How many items can I borrow?
at any one time
|UWE Bristol students and staff||25|
|Member of the public||5 (2 reservations)|