What we offer
UWE Bristol provides modern library services enhancing the learning experience for all our students. We have libraries to support your learning and study needs across all our campuses. Each is equipped with a range of resources, such as books, digital resources, training videos and reading lists.
Summary of library services
- Helpful, friendly and knowledgeable staff
- Ask for help 24/7 from our Ask a Librarian online chat service
- Library staff can help you with some key academic study skills such as referencing, finding and evaluating, and academic reading and writing skills. You can access this help online, at help desks/through the chat service, or in workshops
- Support for disabled students and student with specific learning difficulties – from assistive software to the reformatting of core texts
Library opening hours
- Frenchay Library is open 24/7 all year round, with our Glenside and Bower Ashton (City Campus) libraries open until midnight. View our opening hours.
Our study spaces have:
- a range of study spaces - silent, quiet, group
- specialist software zones
- internet access and Wi-Fi
- laptops for loan
- printing and photocopying facilities.
Whenever possible we buy e-books rather than print to enable you to access the texts when and where you need them.
- 1000s of books - including 800,000 e-books
- a wide range of databases to search for articles on your subject
- 95,000+ journals available online
- audiovisual items including DVDs.
Experience the style and layout of our different campus libraries.