Lynda.com is changing to LinkedIn Learning. Take action now if you want your learning history to migrate.
Lynda.com will change to LinkedIn Learning between Monday 22 September and Tuesday 23 September. During the migration there will be up to 18 hours of downtime.
Existing users: how to keep your lynda.com history
If you are a current lynda.com user and you want your history (including a record of completed courses, progress, bookmarks, etc) to migrate to the new LinkedIn Learning platform you will need to take action now by updating your profile information. Your profile information needs to be updated by Sunday 22 September in order to migrate over to LinkedIn Learning.
- Log into lynda.com and
click on the profile icon, then 'my profile' option.
- Select 'edit' contact information.
- Update your profile with your name and email address and save.
Additional information for staff users
Letting students know
- Change any references to lynda.com on your Blackboard site. Search for any references to lynda.com and change to LinkedIn Learning.
- After migration, update any direct links to lynda.com content in your Blackboard module. Links will automatically redirect to the new LinkedIn Learning platform for up to 3 months. However, it is best practice to update them as soon as you can. NB you can copy the direct link by right clicking the video in the search results screen, then clicking 'copy link'. For a better student experience from Blackboard, it is recommended that you embed the content (see instructions below).
Playlists should still redirect like other links (see above). However, the platform allows you to recreate these using Collections. After migration, it is best practice to replace your playlist with a Collection on the new platform as soon as you can. This short tutorial shows you how to create and share a Collection.
A backup was made on Monday 2 September of playlists on readinglists.uwe.ac.uk and Blackboard but if there are any other lists you are concerned about we advise you to keep a local record of content.
Embedding LinkedIn Learning content into your Blackboard course
After your account has successfully migrated over:
- Click into the content area of the Blackboard course where you want the content to be added.
- Select Partner Content.
- Select Content Market.
- Select LinkedIn Learning is displayed under 'Select your content provider'.
- Some popular LinkedIn courses will be suggested based on the name of your Blackboard course.
- Alternatively, you can use the search by entering a key word and selecting the Search icon.
- Clicking on the eye icon will launch the content in a new browser.
- To select a piece of content, click the corresponding tick box.
- Once you've selected the required content, click Submit.
- Review the content selection and location in the course and click Submit.
- The LinkedIn Learning content will now be listed in the content area in Blackboard.
Help and support
Read our Guide to LinkedIn Learning
If you need any more help or advice, please contact us.