Lynda.com has changed to LinkedIn Learning. We're excited to announce that you now have access to LinkedIn Learning, an on-demand library of high quality video tutorials to help you gain new skills as part of your studies and/or to advance your career.
Lynda.com migrated to LinkedIn Learning between Monday 23 September and Tuesday 24 September.
New and migrated users
If you are a new user, you can log in to LinkedIn Learning with your UWE Bristol sign-in details here:
If you are an existing user, please follow the instructions in your migration email to keep your learning history.
How to migrate
You will need to register with LinkedIn Learning. If you updated your profile information by Sunday 22 September, you will receive joining instructions to your UWE Bristol email account. If you can't see this, please check your junk email.
Additional information for staff users
Letting students know
- Change any references to lynda.com on your Blackboard site. Search for any references to lynda.com and change to LinkedIn Learning.
- After migration, update any direct links to lynda.com content in your Blackboard module. Links will automatically redirect to the new LinkedIn Learning platform for up to 3 months. However, it is best practice to update them as soon as you can. NB you can copy the direct link by right clicking the video in the search results screen, then clicking 'copy link'. For a better student experience from Blackboard, it is recommended that you embed the content (see instructions below).
Creating authenticated links
Once you have logged into LinkedIn Learning, please follow the instructions below to create an authenticating direct video link.
- Save the video which you want to create an authenticating link
for (see below):
- Go to the saved video list (click on Saved
located in the top menu bar) and right click on the video and
select copy shortcut.
- Paste the URL into a text editor and add
&auth=true at the end of the URL
(see highlighted section in image below).
- Copy and paste this into the address bar and press enter. It will then initiate user authentication, asking you to log in with your UWE Bristol username and password.
Playlists should still redirect like other links (see above). However, the platform allows you to recreate these using Collections. After migration, it is best practice to replace your playlist with a Collection on the new platform as soon as you can. This short tutorial shows you how to create and share a Collection.
A backup was made on Monday 2 September of playlists on readinglists.uwe.ac.uk and Blackboard but if there are any other lists you are concerned about we advise you to keep a local record of content.
Embedding LinkedIn Learning content into your Blackboard course
After your account has successfully migrated over:
- Click into the content area of the Blackboard course where you want the content to be added.
- Select Partner Content.
- Select Content Market.
- Select LinkedIn Learning is displayed under 'Select your content provider'.
- Some popular LinkedIn courses will be suggested based on the name of your Blackboard course.
- Alternatively, you can use the search by entering a key word and selecting the Search icon.
- Clicking on the eye icon will launch the content in a new browser.
- To select a piece of content, click the corresponding tick box.
- Once you've selected the required content, click Submit.
- Review the content selection and location in the course and click Submit.
- The LinkedIn Learning content will now be listed in the content area in Blackboard.
Help and support
Read our Guide to LinkedIn Learning
If you need any more help or advice, please contact us.