UWE Email is now hosted on the Office 365 platform. Office 365 currently offers students cloud-based email, calendar and contacts via Outlook Web App.
Accessing your UWE Email
Login to myUWE using your UWE Bristol username and password and click on UWE Email.
Important note: we do not recommend that you access your UWE email from any other links or sources eg a Google search.
Features of Office 365
Outlook Web App
- Feature rich web browser access to your University email, calendar and contacts.
- 99GB email quota and 25MB email attachments.
- Get access to your email, contacts and calendar from anywhere including a broad range of ActiveSynch enabled phones.
- Schedule meetings quickly and easily with other students.
- Connect up to five other email accounts using the 'Connected Accounts' feature.
Conditions of use
Microsoft's legal information and policies can be found on the following web pages:
Please also read and agree to follow the University’s Acceptable Use Policy.
The University reserves the right to remove any account found to be in breach of any of the policies above.
Help and information
FAQs (including setting up email on your mobile device)
What will my UWE email address be?
Will I need to change my password?
What will my UWE email look like?
Your UWE email is provided by Microsoft via Outlook Web App. When accessing Outlook for the first time, you will be asked to change the contrast settings, the language and time zone, if you wish.
You will also be asked to acknowledge and agree that Microsoft and UWE Bristol (both domain administrators) may access your account and its content and may suspend, terminate, or modify your account, by clicking OK. For further information, please consult the Outlook Live and Data Protection Notification.
Then, you will access your Outlook mailbox:
What is my UWE Bristol mailbox quota?
- In the Navigation Pane, click Mail.
- Point to your name at the top of the folder list.
A window appears that shows you the current size of your mailbox.
The default message size limit is 25MB.
How do I access my UWE email?
- Login to myUWE portal with your UWE Bristol username and password.
- Click on the UWE Email link on the portal.
Alumni: you can access your email directly from Microsoft at http://outlook.com/live.uwe.ac.uk.
How do I reset my UWE Bristol password?
How do I find information on how to use Outlook Web App?
All the information you need to use the Outlook email can be
found via Outlook
- Working with messages (Mail)
- Using the Calendar
- Contacts and Groups
- Search for an item
- Learn about deleted items
- Email Setup (Use a variety of email programs to access you email account - including a Mac)
- Inbox Rules
- Keyboard Shortcuts
- Microsoft FAQs
- Security and Privacy
How do I access my UWE email from my mobile device?
- Install the Microsoft Outlook app from the app store.
- Select Mail, contact, calendars.
- Enter your UWE Bristol password when asked.
- Go into Settings.
- Select Mail, contact, calendars.
- Add account.
- Microsoft Exchange.
- Enter your email address and password, and give the account a name.
- Click Next.
- Server is:
- Student: outlook.office365.com
- Staff: owa.uwe.ac.uk
- Domain - leave blank.
- Username is:
- Student = email: eg “firstname.lastname@example.org”
- Staff = log on: eg “j-bloggs”
- Click Next and select the functions you need to sync to your device.
Only the official Microsoft Outlook app is supported when accessing your UWE email on Android.
- Install the Microsoft Outlook app from the play store.
- Tap Get started and then enter your UWE email address then continue.
- Hit Activate to give the outlook app admin privileges (device dependant).
- Tap Skip to then enter your inbox.
Will I be able to forward my messages to a different personal account?
We do not recommend forwarding your UWE emails, as this can increase the chances of messages not being delivered to you. However, if you need to do this, you can use rules to Automatically Forward Messages.
Important note: UWE Bristol accepts no responsibility should mail not be delivered to any external account not provided by us.
How can I connect other accounts to my UWE email account?
How long can I keep my account for?
When you finish your course, your UWE email account and all other Office 365 access gained through UWE Bristol, will go to a 3 month trial version.
At the end of this trial your UWE email account, OneDrive data and all Office 365 access will be terminated.
We have prepared a document of instructions for common queries with regards to the closure of Alumni email accounts: Alumni Email account instructions.