Study advice in relation to IT
These are a few tips, where IT at UWE Bristol can help
with in your studies:-
Saving your work
- Save your work regularly and in a secure location.
- If you are in a Computer Lab, always use the Save
As function or you will lose your work.
- When working on an email attachment, make sure you save your
work regularly using the Save As function - and
not the Save function, or you will lose your work.
- Back up your work and your assignments. For that, check our
tips on Saving your work.
Hand in your assignment (printing and
- Plan where and how you are going to print your assignment well
in advance of handing time.
- Ensure that your Pharos printing
account is in credit.
- Be mindful of others in Computer
- Respect the IT premises at all times, even when working
late at night. Please do not leave your rubbish behind! If you
witness something untowards in a Computer Lab, please contact the
- Please sit at your desk in front of your computer with good posture.
Getting further help