UWE eXternal Access System (XA)
The UWE Bristol eXternal Access (XA) service allows students to gain access to their personal H: Drive and shared S: Drive.
UWE Bristol staff: please refer to Working from home using eXternal Access (Intranet access only).
Basic use of XA
How do I access the XA service?
1. Go to https://xa.uwe.ac.uk
2. Pass MFA (using the same method as when you log in to UWE email externally)
2. Enter your normal UWE Bristol username and password:
Files (download and upload)
The following files bookmarks will be displayed for students:
1. Click on the Drive to see the files and folders. In this example we are using the H: Drive:
2. Find the file you wish to download to your computer’s C: Drive to work on and click on the file name. You will be asked if you would like to save your file, click Save.
3. Once the file has saved it will tell you the download has completed and give you the option to Open folder or View Downloads folder. The file will be within your Downloads folder so click on View Downloads and then you can access the file and save it on your machine:
If you want to upload multiple files, you can select several files from the H: Drive screen and then zip them up for ease of downloading.
4. Add a tick against the file name you wish to download, then click Download:
5. Now you have the opportunity to zip your files and download the compressed zip folder:
More information on how to zip files can be found via Zip file guidance.
1. When you want to Upload the file back to your H: Drive you will need to click on the Upload Files button:
Here you can browse to your files:
2. Browse and find your file (using the Browse button) and click the Open button to add I to the list of files to upload:
3. Once you have selected all the files you want to upload, click the Upload button at the bottom of the screen. This then uploads the files:
4. Your files will now be placed in your H: Drive.