Wi-fi at UWE (eduroam)
Which Wi-fi network to use?
|Who are you?||Use this network||Where is it available?|
|UWE Bristol Student||eduroam||Throughout UWE|
|UWE Bristol Student in residence||Glide||UWE Student accommodation|
|Staff with a Standard UWE ITS supplied laptop or tablet||UWE-Authorised||Throughout UWE|
|Staff with a personal or non-standard UWE ITS supplied device, e.g. laptop, phone||eduroam||Throughout UWE|
|Visitor from eduroam participating institutions||eduroam||Throughout UWE|
|Visitor, e.g. conference delegate||_The Cloud||Public locations in UWE, e.g. libraries, coffee shops, ECC, Students Union|
Setting up your device to use at UWE
- Configure your device
- Login to eduroam using:
Username: your UWE username followed by '@uwe.ac.uk' eg. email@example.com
- Password: your UWE password
Setting up your device to visit other institutions
- Ensure your device is correctly set up to work in UWE as per instructions above.
- Before visiting other participating institutions, check their website to see if you need to amend any settings (e.g. network proxy settings).
- You are now ready to visit other institutions.
If you do not have a UWE account but do have an eduroam account see Eduroam for visitors to UWE.
If you do not have an eduroam account see Wireless for visitors.
The eduroam network is available in many places beyond UWE, Bristol. Click here to see where.
- UWE Bristol students and staff using eduroam contact the IT Service Desk.
- Visitors from other institutions using eduroam, please contact your institution's support service.
- UWE Bristol students in residence contact Glide support on +44 (0)333 123 0115.
- Consult our Frequently Asked Questions.
- Further information about eduroam.