Study advice in relation to IT
These are a few tips where IT at UWE can help with in your studies:-
- Bear in mind IT and Computer Security.
- Read and abide to the IT Policies.
- If you are using a laptop or mobile device, always have an anti-virus and a firewall installed and working at all times.
- Never leave your laptop or mobile device unattended.
- Protect your UWE password.
- If you forget your password, reset it via UWE Password Manager.
- Always consider the sensitivity of any information stored and always save in a secure location. Consider Data Protection and Copyright.
Saving your work
- Save your work regularly and in a secure location.
- If you are in a Computer Lab, always use the Save As function or you will lose your work.
- When working on an email attachment, make sure you save your work regularly using the Save As function - and not the Save function, or you will lose your work.
- Back up your work and your assignments. For that, check our tips on Saving your work.
- Further tips on how to avoid losing work.
Hand in your assignment
- Plan where and how you are going to print your assignment well in advance of handing time.
- Ensure that your Pharos printing account is in credit.
- Plan your online assessment submission and check the Things to be aware of before submitting.
- Familiarise yourself with the online assessment instructions which are available in Blackboard.
- Be mindful of others in Computer Labs.
- Respect the IT premises at all times, even when working late at night. Please do not leave your rubbish behind! If you witness something untowards in a Computer Lab, please contact the Security team.
- Please sit at your desk in front of your computer with good posture.