Book a computer
How do I book a PC?
- Type this URL into your web browser: pcbooking.uwe.ac.uk .
- On various catalogue computers (with screens portrait position) situated on all levels of Bolland Library including level 2 Library entrance and near the IT Support Desk (3D028).
- At the booking PC on the ground floor of the library, near the Welcome desk.
- On the 3 catalogue computers situated in the Library.
How to make a booking step by step
- Log in at pcbooking.uwe.ac.uk.
- If booking for another day, select the desired date.
- Use the ‘Site’, ‘Location’ and ‘Resource Type’ drop down
menus to filter the results by campus, area or type of resource
respectively. Then click on a time for one of the
- Select the start and finish time, make a note of the
Station number and click 'Save'.
- Logout using the link in the top right-hand corner.
Where are they and how long can I have one?
Bookable computers can be identified by a notice on the partitions and monitors stating either 'myPC advance bookings' or 'myPC Quick print'.Frenchay Library
Other Locations on Frenchay Campus
Bower Ashton Library
- 7 'Quick print' computers adjacent to the Enquiry Desk.
Up to 15 minutes per session.
- 121 computers between the Education Resource Centre (ERC) and
the IT Support Centre.
Up to 3 hours per session.
- 59 computers including group study booths alongside the windows
and rooms with interactive whiteboards.
Up to 2 hours per session.
Other locations on Frenchay campus
FET Hive & Base (FET only) - Q block
- Computers in the FET Hive and Base areas in Q Block. Please note because of the specialist software on these machines they are for FET students only. Up to 3 hours per session.
- Group study booths. Up to 2 hours per session.
HLS Learning Zone - H Block
- Computers in the HLS Learning Zone. Up to 3 hours per session.
- 'Quick Access' computers. Up to 15 minutes per session.
- Level 2: 2 computers in room 2D10. Up to 3 hours per session.
Bower Ashton library
A3 Scanner computers by the printers. Up to 2 hours per session.
‘Alcove’ computers to the right as you enter the main library. Up to 3 hours per session.
Assistive technology PC at the far back of the library. Up to 3 hours per session.
AV Player (VHS, Blu-Ray, DVD and standard PC) in Alcove 7. Up to 3 hours per session.
Frequently asked questions
You can book computers up to one week in advance.
You can have up to three outstanding bookings at any one time.
You must attend the booking within 15 minutes of your start time or your booking will be lost and someone else can use the computer.
Your booking finishes when you log off and the computer is immediately free for somebody else to use.
There is a no return policy of 15 minutes, meaning you cannot log on to another bookable pc for 15 minutes after you finish. Note: you can still log on to any ordinary pc in that time.
In a group study room, you must log on to the computer to register you have attended the booking even if you aren't using it to work on.
Quick Print computers are provided to facilitate the quick printing of documents. They have a 15 minute usage, 10 minute no return policy.
If you have a problem do not log off. This will close your session and during peak times you will not be able to log back onto an advance booking PC for 30 minutes. Please contact a member of the IT Service Desk staff for assistance.
If your PC crashes, power it off and on by holding down the power button and you should be able to carry on working. If there is an equipment failure we will do our best to get you access to a PC but this may not always be possible.
All other computers have no restrictions and can be used on an ‘open access’ basis.