Staff access UWE Bristol services and information from anywhere with an internet connection. This increases the likelihood of accidental or malicious threats to information, increasing the risk of a data breach.
Staff are personally responsible for understanding and abiding by safe working practices and keeping information secure.
- Read the Remote Access Policy to understand your responsibilities.
- Where appropriate, use UWE Bristol remote services.
- We would not normally recommend the use of personal / privately owned computers to read, store or process confidential or restricted information. However, given the current working from home guidelines, please refer to the Using IT from home (Intranet only).
Who should I contact if I'm not sure?
- For help with handling information eg identifying personal data, how it should be handled or when it can be deleted, contact your local data protection liaison officer (Intranet access only).
- For all student queries and / or questions on GDPR or data protection, contact the Data Protection and Records Management Officer.
- For help protecting your information, review the Information Security Toolkit including the Information Security Policies. For further support, contact the IT Service Desk.