Staff access UWE Bristol services and information from anywhere with an internet connection. This increases the likelihood of accidental or malicious threats to information, increasing the risk of a data breach.
Staff are personally responsible for understanding and abiding by safe working practices and keeping information secure.
- Read the Remote Access Policy to understand your responsibilities.
- Where appropriate, use UWE Bristol remote services.
- Use only UWE managed devices (computers, tablets or phones) to create, store or process restricted, confidential information. Read the Information Handling Policy to understand the University's information classifications.
Don't use personal / privately owned computers to read, store or process confidential or restricted information.
Who should I contact if I'm not sure?
- For help with handling information e.g. identifying personal data, how it should be handled or when it can be deleted, contact your local data protection liaison officer (Intranet access only).
- For all student queries and / or questions on GDPR or data protection, contact the Data Protection and Records Management Officer.
- For help protecting your information, review the Information Security Toolkit including the information security policies. For further support, contact the IT Service Desk.