Restrict access to emails
We can restrict confidential emails to the UWE IT network by using "Permission" controls in Outlook.
- Create or open the email to be sent
- Left click "Options" > "Permission"
- Select an option from the dropdown list:
This message is encrypted. Recipients can't remove encryption.
- Do Not Forward
Recipients can only view this email.
- UWE Bristol Staff Only -
Only UWE staff can view and edit the email.
- UWE Bristol Staff Only - Editable
Only UWE staff can view, edit, print and copy the email.
- UWE Bristol Staff Only - Read Only
Only UWE staff can view the email.
- Access to an email is restricted to a specific person or group in UWE Bristol.
- Confidential information is restricted to the UWE Bristol IT network / managed devices.
- Supports staff to comply with UWE Bristol remote access policy e.g. will not allow unauthorised people to open confidential information.
- Only those with a UWE Bristol account using Microsoft Outlook (Windows, Mac OS, iOS or Android) can access the email. If you would like to send confidential authorised non-UWE staff member, put the confidential information in a protected file and attach it to the email.