IT Services can help with computing in various ways
See Using IT at UWE for an overview of the IT services available to students.
Supporting online teaching
As UWE Bristol has moved to online teaching for the rest of the academic year, the information below will help you to continue studying remotely:
Software for home
Download and install software that UWE Bristol has licensed for students' personal devices.
Adobe are offering the full Creative Cloud suite to students for free until the end of May:
- Visit Adobe Creative Cloud and sign in with your UWE email address and password. If prompted, choose “Company or School Account” rather than “Personal Account”.
- Once you are logged in, browse for and download your desired apps.
- See the Adobe FAQs for more information and online resources to support you in using Creative Cloud.
Office 365 and OneDrive
All students have access to Office 365 including:
- Email (Outlook web access)
- Word, Excel and PowerPoint web apps
- Install Word, Excel and PowerPoint desktop apps on 5 devices (Windows, Mac, iOS, Android)
- OneDrive providing 1 TB secure storage for documents.
We recommend that students use OneDrive for file storage whenever possible. Further guidance on transferring files is available via the Microsoft website.
You can access your H: Drive off campus via the UWE Bristol eXternal Access System (XA) if necessary.
Skype meetings with UWE staff
Staff may schedule One-to-One or small group conversations with you over Skype for Business (the university's internal staff phone system).
You will receive a calendar invitation with a link to join from the web app or dial-in using your mobile phone (there will be a local number and Conference ID in the calendar invite).
Student PCs on campus
Getting started with ITA quick help guide to computing at UWE Bristol (UWE Email, myUWE, Blackboard, Wi-fi...)
Final year or returning students Your access to IT service provisions at UWE Bristol
Information security policies Policies and regulations to abide by
Information Security Toolkit
The toolkit consists of training, handy hints, policies and statements of best practice.
It has been designed help you fulfil your information security obligations with simple practices that everyone can use.
Cyber security awareness
Everyone is a potential victim to cyber criminals and you should expect to be targeted.
Play online games and watch videos to learn how to keep you, your data and your devices safe from cyber-crime.