Malicious insider vs. Human error
Reliance acsn hosted Roundtable discussions about Malicious insider vs. Human error, how can we mitigate the weakest link?
The Roundtable focused on:
- Where can Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) support the discovery of threats.
- Where can it expose weaknesses in the defensive strategy (e.g. if the solution is entirely dependent on AI, it will nearly always catch human error, but a malicious insider will often take a more hidden or surreptitious route).
The discussion was focused on:
- Which risk is greater?
- How do malicious individuals utilise the innocent intent of users to gain their goals, and what can we do to stop them?
- How can user education support and educate the user base to help defenders isolate malicious behaviour.
- Defences – stick or supporter?
- Does the punitive approach to misuse support malicious activity?
When and Where?
Frenchay Campus - Thursday 18th October between 11:00-11:45 and 14:00-14:45.
Book a place
Bookings for the event are now closed.