Cyber Security Week - Frenchay, Glenside and Bower Ashton
What is it about?
Following the success of previous years, the event is back! Come and immerse yourself in a range of free fun, interactive and educational activities throughout the week to help keep you, your data and your devices safe from cyber-crime.
This year the games technology students are working to improve and expand the i-Patch Pirates universe, to make the online game even better for 2019!
As the threat of cyber-attacks grow, it is the responsibility of everyone to help mitigate the risks posed.
Information security is everyone's business.
"Processes, individual behaviours and technologies all combine to protect our information and IT systems from cyber-crime."
14th - 18th October 2019
The online game 'i-Patch Pirates' will be accessible to everyone throughout the event.
Each day you will have a chance to win prizes by playing the online game. Further details to be announced soon.
Which faculty's galleon will sail above the rest? Which pirates will win a prize for the highest score of each galleon? Only time will tell!
We will have a physical event on each campus, at the following locations:
- New Facebook phishing fooling the most savvy users
- Easiest passwords to hack - is yours one of them?
- UK cyber-security efforts criticised by audit office
- Hackers used ransomware in cyber attack on school
- Enabling women to pursue a career in IT
- 5 most common spammer tricks
- Articles - BBC, Action Fraud and Kaspersky Lab