About the Psychological Sciences Research Group
We pride ourselves on the interdisciplinary nature of our research. Our aim is to conduct research with action and impact in mind.
We deliver applied research around four themes:
- Ageing Well (AW)
- Applied Cognition and Neuroscience (ACN)
- Optimising Performance and Engagement (OPE)
- Promoting Psychological Health (PPH).
In addition, we have specialists in applied professional areas such as counselling, health, occupational, sport psychology and music therapy.
We collaborate with other Research Centres and Groups within UWE Bristol:
- Bristol Robotics Laboratory
- Centre for Appearance Research
- Centre for Health and Clinical Research
- Centre for Research in Biosciences
- Centre for Transport and Society
- Public Health and Wellbeing Research Group
- Social Science Research Group
- Science Communication Unit.
Funding for our research is vital. Our funders include:
- Alzheimer's Society
- Big Lottery and Second Step
- Innovate UK
- NHS Commissioning
- Somerset Community Foundation.