Forensic science facilities
We have top class facilities for forensic science, with equipment to rival that of the local police.
Crime scene house
We have a crime scene house where scenarios are created for forensic science students and researchers to investigate.
Find out more about the crime scene house at UWE.
Key forensic science facilities
Key facilities include:
- An instrument for analysing glass
- Comparison microscope used for analysing hairs and fibres
- Comparison macroscope used mainly for bullets
- An instrument called a video spectral comparator used to look at documents and bank notes
- Infra-red breath analyser used for estimating blood alcohol (a bit like a breathalyser)
- Two flame atomic absorption spectrophotometers and an ICP (inductively coupled plasma) emission spectrometer.