About the Engineering Modelling and Simulation group
The Engineering Modelling and Simulation (EMS) research group aims to deliver high quality research, postgraduate training and consultancy services in engineering modelling and simulation.
- computational fluid dynamics
- finite element analysis
- electrical control and operations
- process modelling and simulation.
We are a multi-disciplinary research group providing a unified platform to bring academics, researchers and research students together. By combining the expertise of each individual we are able to tackle sophisticated yet practically important engineering problems through individual efforts and team work.
We aim to:
- provide a common research platform that academics and researchers can use to exchange their knowledge and ideas to initiate some collaborative work/projects
- strengthen and sustain existing research capabilities, and further develop and grow the group in various aspects such as research income and publication
- identify and nurture prospective new members of staff and guide them through the research funding application process
- develop research-informed teaching activities, especially to deliver high quality CPD courses for professionals engaged in computational modelling field
- produce influential research impact and a good reputation via other scholarly activities such as retaining existing international links and collaborations, and further initiating and developing new links
- generate high quality research activities to contribute and support the 'General Engineering' REF 2014 submission and beyond.
The group also hosts three International Journals and organises International Conferences:
Current and past collaborations
- University of Porto (FEUP) in Portugal
- University of São Paulo (USP) at São Carlos
- Federal University of São Carlos (UFSCar)
- São Paulo State University (Unesp) at São José do Rio Preto
- University of Campinas (Unicamp), Brazil
- University of Poitiers, France
- University of Washington, USA
- Khristianovich Institute of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics, Siberian Branch of Russia Academy of Science, Russia
- Zhejiang University, China
- Mitsubishi Electric R&D Centre Europe, UK
- Siemens Industrial Turbo-machinery Ltd
- Afeka Tel-Aviv Academic College of Engineering, Israel
- Acadia University, Canada