Society and the motor vehicle
The theme develops our understanding of the ways society and the built environment have coevolved with the rise of mass private motor vehicle ownership.
The theme also seeks to promote a more sustainable future relationship through less car-dependent urban form, and a more efficient share of trips between the different types of transport.
For each project we provide key details and a summary. In most cases a two-page briefing sheet is available.
- Driving Hands an Investigation of Factors Influencing the Resumption of Driving Following Immobilisation in a Below-Elbow Cast
- Alternatives to Personal Car Use for Mobile NHS Professionals
- Household car ownership decisions - understanding a transition point in travel behaviour
- Ex-car owners
- Students’ car use and its effect on environmental attitudes
- A History of the Government Car Service