Express coach feasibility study
Full project title: Express coach feasibility study
CTS Principal Researcher: Dr Ben Clark
Project partners: Ito World Ltd
Start date: September 2011
Finish date: July 2013
This project is providing staffing support to Ito World Ltd in conducting a wide ranging examination of the potential for motorway based express coach services to play a greater role in serving the UK’s inter-urban transport needs.
The study has to date entailed:
- a review of the national and (previous) regional policy contexts for the provision of inter-urban coach services
- the identification of coach schemes in progress, and coach scheme proposals for the English regions
- a desk audit of potential coach interchange locations on the English motorway network
- the development of coach interchange designs proposed by a group of undergraduate architecture students
- a small scale study to determine the impact of a new out of town coach interchange (the UWE Megabus stop) on inter-urban trip making.