Department of Geography and Environmental Management
Marcus is a part-time PhD student at the Centre for Transport and Society. He is conducting research, supervised by Professor Glenn Lyons, into how transport policymakers should deal with future uncertainty. This investigates innovative techniques including scenario planning, real options analysis, and agile approaches.
Alongside this research, Marcus is a Transport Planner at Mott MacDonald, who sponsor the PhD. In this role, he helps local authority clients plan, progress and deliver schemes via funding from Local Growth Funds, the DfT and other sources.
Marcus has 5 years’ previous experience managing digital and technology projects in retail and logistics operations at Sainsbury’s.
Areas of expertise
- Agile project management and product ownership
- Retail and logistics operations
- Transport policymaking techniques for dealing with uncertainty
- Green infrastructure governance
- Qualitative research methods including semi-structured interviews, focus groups and workshop facilitation.