Department of Geography and Environmental Management/Department of Health and Social Sciences
Anja is currently on maternity leave. Please refer any queries to CTS Director Graham Parkhurst
Anja is a PhD student with both the Centre for Transport and Society and the Faculty of Health and Life Sciences. She was the recipient of an EPSRC studentship, as part of the iConnect project, which consists of a multi-disciplinary team from eight UK Universities. The iConnect study aims to measure and evaluate the changes in travel, physical activity and carbon emissions related to Sustrans' Connect2 programme. Anja’s research project is an exploratory qualitative study of the gender and social influence aspects of UK cycling.
Prior to starting the PhD, Anja worked for a number of high-profile environment and development charities for eight years, specialising in the campaigning, marketing and PR fields. She has also studied for two Masters degrees from the University of the West of England – MA Applied Social Research (Merit) and MA Tourism and Sustainability (Merit). Her undergraduate degree is a BSc (Hons) in Environment and Development from Durham University (2i).
Areas of expertise
- Qualitative research methodology, including devising innovative methodologies
- Gender aspects of transport behaviour, particularly relating to cycling
- Transport user conflict, especially relating to walking and cycling
- Social influence relating to cycling
- CAQDAS (Computer Assisted/Aided Qualitative Data AnalysiS) use, especially NVivo
- Marketing and promotion of sustainable transport modes
- Transport and climate change; walking, cycling and aviation environmental impacts
- UG and PG teaching and assessment experience and UWE Teaching and Learning Certificate
- Sorry, feed temporarily unavailable
In addition, details of Anja's Master's dissertations can be found via the reports and papers page.