Opportunities at Centre for Transport and Society
Staff and PhD student recruitment
When specific opportunities for academic, research or research student posts arise they will be highlighted on this web page and publicised more widely, and always through the mailing list of the Universities Transport Study Group.
We are pleased to receive enquiries about possibilities for joining the Centre for Transport and Society (CTS) for short periods of time, typically 1-6 months, where the visit has clear benefits for both the visitor and CTS. Some examples of mutual benefits are joint publications in prestigious journals or research bids.
If you are interested in being an Academic Visitor to CTS, please send an email to Professor Graham Parkhurst accompanied by your CV, indicating:
- the proposed dates of your visit,
- what activities you would undertake whilst at UWE,
- how those activities would be mutually beneficial, and
- with which CTS staff members and current projects your interests most closely align.
Please note also that we do not have funds to support visitors' travel or subsistence costs.
Transport related courses
Centre for Transport and Society staff contribute transport teaching to the following courses:
- MSc Transport Planning
- MA Town and Country Planning
- BA(Hons)/MPlan Town and Country Planning
- Certificate Traffic Engineering – a course designed for engineering technicians and graduates working in highway and traffic departments
Please contact Dr Kiron Chatterjee if you would like to find out more about any of these courses.