Research projects within the Centre for Architecture and Built Environment Research
The Centre for Architecture and Built Environment Research (CABER) have projects in facilities management, conservation, sustainable buildings and related studies. See how our current and past projects make a difference.
Research on the past and future of retail real estate investment. Find out more information about this project.
Critical Urban Buildings Emergency Response (CUBER)
CUBER is an intelligent decision support system to support critical built facilities emergency preparedness and response to extreme urban buildings emergency response.
Find out further details about the CUBER project.
Delivering municipal services through effective procurement of local infrastructure
The purpose of this research project is to investigate the capacity building needs of government agencies to achieve value for money, transparency and sustainability in the procurement of local infrastructure for the delivery of essential municipal services in Nigeria.
Read more about this project via Urbanisation Research Nigeria.
Improving design for safety
A web-based design for safety capability maturity indicator (DFS-CMI) tool for the construction sector.
If you want to find out more about the project, visit the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council.
Placing a valuation on the UK's fishery
Scotland’s fisheries have been given to a few big operators due to lucrative quotas. Experts on property law have called for new legislation, otherwise these operators will continue selling the rights to foreign firms.
Learn more about the valuation project via The Times.
Heritage Building Information Modelling (HBIM)
This project involves smart heritage building performance measurement for sustainability. In other words, measurement techniques that allow for the repurposing and modifying of occupied heritage buildings.
Read more about the HBIM project
- Best Practice in Partnering: development of guidance on professional practice in partnering for registered social landlords (RSLs)
- Built Environment Appropriate Technology for Learning (BEATL)
- CEME Consortium Project
- Concept to Completion: Design tools for sustainable buildings
- Construction Excellence South West and Future Foundations
- Construction Towards the Millennium: A Study of major construction projects in the greater Bristol area to 2005
- Designing Healthy and Inclusive Public Outdoor Spaces For Young People
- Evaluation of Bristol Play Pathfinder Programme
- Facilities Innovation in the Workplace
- HORTONET - A network of European historic gardens
- Modules for International Countryside Conservation, Protection and Management, by Distance Learning (MICPAM)
- RAPID 2000
- Student Accommodation Survey
- The emerging structure of the UK Facilities Management Sector
- The Virtual Construction Site: A decision support system for construction planning
- Wells 2000 Record.