Aims and objectives
The aim is to develop an easy-to-use, evidence-based resource or utility, which can be used in decision-making for drought risk management.
The project will:
- investigate different stakeholder perceptions of drought occurrence and actions needed
- examine the influence of rainfall, water levels and temperature on drought perception
- explore the impact of policy decisions on drought management
- consider the conditions under which water users' behaviours lead to adverse drought impacts on people and ecosystems and
- draw on previous drought experiences and lay or local knowledge to evaluate water-use conflicts, synergies and trade-offs