English language and UK Culture summer school
Our two-week English Language and Culture Summer School enables you to experience a UK university and explore the UK.
During your time in Bristol you'll improve your English, your presentation skills and your writing. You'll also learn about British culture and what it’s like to study at a UK university.
There are two courses in 2020:
|Block 1||Block 2|
|Course dates||13 – 24 July||27 July – 7 August|
|Arrival date||Saturday 11 or Sunday 12 July||Saturday 25 or Sunday 26 July|
|Induction programme||Monday 13 July||Monday 27 July|
|First day of classes||Tuesday 14 July||Tuesday 28 July|
|Departure date||Saturday 25 July||Saturday 8 August|
As well as studying, you'll explore the UK with day trips to Oxford, Bath, Gloucester Cathedral and London.
Sessions may include:
- a tour of UWE Bristol’s academic facilities and services such as the Centre for Sport
- cultural sessions such as adjusting to the UK and an introduction to UK culture
- skills workshops such as improving your presentation skills.
We also have welcome and farewell lunch for all Summer School students, where you can get to know or say goodbye to Bristol, your new friends and your lecturers.
You'll receive a UWE Bristol certificate of attendance at the end of the course.
You'll receive 30 hours of tuition. The focus is on improving your language skills while enjoying an exciting experience in the UK.
All our tutors are native speakers and are highly qualified and experienced lecturers in English as a foreign language. They understand your needs, whether you want to prepare for university study, or simply improve your English and have fun.
Classes are relaxed and friendly, and generally tutor-led. You'll do many of the activities in pairs or groups, helping you to practise your English and get to know the other group members better.
- £1,150 for the self-catering package (No meals are included, except where stated. This is ideal for those who prefer to cook for themselves. This package is for over 18s only.)
- £1,450 for the all-inclusive package (All meals are included. This package is available to all students.)
- all teaching resources
- 30 hours of classroom teaching
- Wi-Fi access inside the school/University
- two weeks’ accommodation in the Student Village on Frenchay Campus, living in flats of up to six people. Each flat has a shared kitchen and living area but you’ll have your own en-suite bedroom.
- airport transfers (at designated times – see below for details)
- trips (see below for details).
- a welcome and farewell lunch where you can get to know or say goodbye to Bristol, your new friends and your lecturers.
Free airport transfers from London Heathrow airport to UWE Bristol are available on the Saturday or Sunday before the course starts. These are limited to groups only.
If you are not attending a summer school as part of a group, or are arriving at a different airport, you can order your airport transfer independently. Find out about airport transfers.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further details or if you need help booking airport transfers.
English language requirements
The Summer School is for students with an intermediate level of English (IELTS 5.0 and above or equivalent). If you are not sure whether your English is good enough, please contact us at the email below, and we will be happy to advise you.
Summer School film
How to apply
Book your place on our next English Language and UK Culture Summer School.
- Email: email@example.com
- Tel: +44 (0)117 32 82572