Regional History Centre events
- Grounds for Grave Concern: Bristol Municipal Cemeteries Past, Present and Future
Dr Helen Frisby (UWE Bristol) and Dr Stuart Prior (University of Bristol) will tell the multifaceted story of Bristol's municipal cemeteries past, present and future. As well as charting how Bristol has disposed of its dead in the past and nowadays, they will ask what the future might hold for our local cemeteries as our lifestyles and deathstyles continue to change. This event is part of the UWE Bristol Regional History Centre and M Shed seminar programme.
- There wasn't much to do...at least not here: Youthful leisure and identity in rural SW England in the early 20th century
Dr Laura Harrison (UWE Bristol) will explore the leisure experiences of young people in rural communities, drawing upon evidence from personal accounts of growing up in the south west of England in the early twentieth century.This event is part of the UWE Bristol Regional History Centre and M Shed Seminar Programme.
- Victorian to present day Bristol in three dimensions
Dr Bob Pryce will present some new 3D audio visual shows for the big screen, depicting Bristol's past and present with new stereo photographs of Bristol and Clifton related to Victorian views. This event is part of the UWE Bristol Regional History Centre and M Shed Seminar Programme.
- War, Revolution and the Romantic Era in South West England - Conference - 28 February 2015
- Romancing the Gibbet - Walford: The public execution of John Walford in 1789 - 15 November 2014
- Imperial City: Bristol in the World - 20-21 September 2013
- Georgian pleasures - 12-13 September 2013
- Writing the West - May 2012
- Protest, memory and public history - February 2012