Primary School Direct with UWE Bristol 2018/19
At UWE Bristol we work with several excellent local partnerships to support the Tuition Fee School Direct route for the Primary PGCE.
As a School Direct trainee you will be recruited by a school partnership rather than the University and this partnership will be responsible for your school-based learning. However, you will be studying at UWE Bristol alongside the core Primary PGCE trainees and ultimately be awarded the PGCE in Primary Education from UWE Bristol. For all of our PGCE students, two of the four modules are taught at Masters level, which you might want to use to make up part of an MA Education degree after your PGCE as part of your career development.
Here is an overview of the four modules that make up the PGCE:
- Professional Practice in Primary/Early Years Initial Education: The professional practice (teaching in school) module.
- Subject Knowledge for teaching in Primary/Early Years Education: The core subject input.
- Professional Development in Primary/Early Years Initial Teacher Education: Key knowledge for schools such as safeguarding and behaviour management.
- Knowledge for teaching in Primary/Early Years education: The foundation subject and cross-curricular aspect
How to apply through School Direct
Below are the lead schools for the providers working with us for 2018–19, all of which you can locate and apply to via the UCAS teacher training website:
- Almondsbury Church of England Primary School
- Ashley Down Primary School (representing Primary Schools across Bristol)
- Abbeywood Community School
- Bradley Stoke Community School
- St Peter's Church of England Primary School
If you have any further queries please contact the schools directly or Laura Manison Shore, Primary Partnership Manager at UWE Bristol: firstname.lastname@example.org.