Why partner with UWE Bristol?
The Department of Education and Childhood has an excellent track record in providing Early Years, Primary and Secondary Initial Teacher Education (ITE), rated Good by Ofsted (December 2013).
Some key features of our provision include:
- streamlined paperwork and processes to support trainees and mentors during practice placements
- robust assessment processes using online reporting
- effective support for trainees and mentors
- positive and regular communication with trainees and mentors
- online briefing and training sessions for mentors, aligned to the National Standards for School-Based ITT Mentors
- the ‘Training and Assessment Toolkit’ to aid mentors in making judgements about trainees’ professional practice
- high-quality support for subject knowledge development for all trainees
- thorough and effective pastoral and academic support for trainees in need.
We work closely with School Direct partnerships to make school-led provision alongside our core ITE programme offer.