Equity student mentoring
UWE Bristol’s Equity Mentoring is a positive action scheme aimed at home students from black, Asian and minority ethnic (BAME) backgrounds which feeds into the wider UWE Bristol Equity Programme.
Mentoring is a life-changing, rewarding experience. Your engagement will help inspire and grow the next generation of graduates in your sector and other industries.
- It’s an invaluable opportunity to develop and broaden your personal skills whilst making a difference to an undergraduate student to achieve their full potential.
- Students and graduates can offer a new, alternative perspective to business ideas and solutions, which can be valuable in helping you get a better understanding of how your business and offerings are perceived.
- Connect with UWE Bristol and build relationships with staff and students.
- Our students come from diverse backgrounds and have a wide range of skills and experience, so can benefit your organisation in a number of ways.
- It gives your organisation the opportunity to share your know-how and experience to inspire and educate the next generation of employees.
Make a difference through mentoring
We welcome mentors from all backgrounds. You do not have to be BAME to be a mentor.
Mentoring sessions can take place at either a UWE Bristol campus or your organisation’s offices.
If you are interested in mentoring please email email@example.com and we will set you up with an account on our portal Careerhub to enable you to access the mentor registration form.
The scheme is open to BAME undergraduate students of UK domicile. There are two entry points during the academic year.
The mentoring consists four hours, spread out over a term as one- or two-hour sessions per month.
- Term one takes place between October 2018 to January 2019. The scheme is open to final year students.
- A mentor briefing will take place on a UWE Bristol campus in October 2018 (date to be confirmed).
- Term two takes place between January to March 2019. The scheme is open to first year and second students.
- A mentor briefing will take place on a UWE Bristol campus in January 2019 (date to be confirmed).
What employers say about the programme
“Overall, I think it’s a brilliant scheme and one that I would love to have taken part in whilst I was completing my own studies.”
“Gone very well. I believe we (myself and help from my team colleagues) will have imparted a great deal of insight, expertise and useful tips for getting started in the workplace environment.”
View feedback from students who took part in our 2017/18 pilot mentoring scheme.
Please email UWEmentoring@uwe.ac.uk if you