Equity student mentoring
UWE Bristol’s Equity Mentoring is a positive action scheme aimed at home students from black, Asian and minority ethnic (BAME) backgrounds which feeds into the wider UWE Bristol Equity Programme.
Mentoring is a life-changing, rewarding experience. Your engagement will help inspire and grow the next generation of graduates in your sector and other industries.
- It’s an invaluable opportunity to develop and broaden your personal skills whilst making a difference to an undergraduate student to achieve their full potential.
- Students and graduates can offer a new, alternative perspective to business ideas and solutions, which can be valuable in helping you get a better understanding of how your business and offerings are perceived.
- Connect with UWE Bristol and build relationships with staff and students.
- Our students come from diverse backgrounds and have a wide range of skills and experience, so can benefit your organisation in a number of ways.
- It gives your organisation the opportunity to share your know-how and experience to inspire and educate the next generation of employees.
Make a difference through mentoring
We welcome mentors from all backgrounds. You do not have to be BAME to be a mentor.
Mentoring sessions can take place at either a UWE Bristol campus or your organisation’s offices.
If you are interested in mentoring please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will set you up with an account on our portal Careerhub to enable you to access the mentor registration form.
2019/2020 mentoring timelines
October 2019 - January 2020
- Four hours of mentoring to take place on a UWE Bristol campus or at the offices of the mentors.
- An employer briefing will take place on Wednesday 23 October between 16:00-18:00 on Frenchay Campus.
What employers say about the programme
“Overall, I think it’s a brilliant scheme and one that I would love to have taken part in whilst I was completing my own studies.”
“Be open-minded and do not underestimate the impact that you could potentially have on a student aspiring to be a professional in your field."
"The mentee’s enthusiasm and approach made the scheme enjoyable and positive for me - I felt valued and appreciated for the time and knowledge I was able to offer."
Read the mentoring student feedback from our previous schemes.
Please email UWEmentoring@uwe.ac.uk if you