Building Information Modelling
Building Information Modelling (BIM) in Design, Construction and Operations is fast becoming the industry standard approach to designing, analysing, and managing building lifecycle.
UWE Bristol runs a MSc course in BIM in Design Constructions and Operations and we are looking for opportunities for students to gain industry experience.
Gain BIM skills for your company
We are looking for companies needing help to implement a BIM strategy and a BIM case study. If interested, an MSc student from the course will help the company to get BIM ready.
The placement includes 3 key components:
- BIM capability
- BIM strategy
- BIM execution plan (BEP)
BIM student placements - what is involved?
Students placements are strictly limited and will be offered on a first come, first served basis.
Students are expected to spend the equivalent of 10 contact days with your company.
Each contact day is roughly between 09:00 and 17:00. The time and schedule of visits is to be agreed between the student and the company.
The module involves 2 key stages:
- Assessing the BIM capability of your company and devising an informed BIM strategy.
- Implementing a BIM execution plan (BEP), based on a case study relevant to your company.
Students are expected to produce the following:
- BIM capability analysis and a BIM strategy, aligned with your company’s business plan.
- Reflective report that details BIM implementation plan for your company.
Let us know about your project
If you have a project in mind, please register it via our online form.
Ask a question
For further information, or if you have any questions, please contact Clare Barber:
- Telephone: +44 (0)117 32 82207
- Email: Clare.firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: Hosting a work-based BIM project will involve commitment to supervise the student and provide induction for them.