UWE Bristol graduate and student interns offer your business a great deal, without the commitment of a new permanent employee.
You get subsidised student or graduate talent that’s committed and industry-ready, ready to meet to your individual business requirements.
- Student internships are flexible placements outside of study – so your intern will be fully committed to your business.
- Student interns are available over the summer break, mid-May to mid-September.
- Graduate internships take place after study is finished, so offer more flexibility in duration and availability.
- You’ll get help with specific business needs from a capable, enthusiastic intern with up-to-date skills and knowledge.
- You run the recruitment process and we can advertise your opportunity.
- The internships run for ten weeks (full-time) and 20 weeks (part-time).
- We subsidise the cost of each intern (although funding is limited), though you’ll need to contribute to the overall cost.
Our internship schemes are some of the largest in the UK. We have supported over 2,000 student and graduates obtain internships.
The UWE Bristol Undergraduate Internship Scheme is for employers who wish to recruit a student for an ten-week summer project. It offers recruiters up to £1,500 funding.
The UWE Bristol Graduate Internships Scheme is for employers who wish to recruit UWE Bristol graduates on a ten-week project. It offers recruiters up to £1,500 funding.
International student internships
The UWE Bristol International Talent Internship Scheme is for employers who wish to recruit international undergraduate students on a fixed-term, part-time basis over eight weeks. It offers recruiters £300 funding.
Why do we help with funding?
UWE Bristol believes interns should earn a fair living wage. This is because we feel that internships are a valuable opportunity, and should be open to students from all backgrounds – not just the lucky ones with financial backing.
We are also keen to encourage a diverse spectrum of employers to participate, from large corporates to small and medium-sized businesses, so our students can gain relevant work experience in their chosen industry. For these reasons, we part-fund your intern’s salary, though you’ll also need to contribute.
Interns in action
What are the real business benefits of employing interns? The best way to find out is to see what other businesses have experienced. Read our internship case studies and get inspired about how UWE Bristol interns might make a difference to you.
See our employer feedback and find out what our employers have to say about UWE Bristol interns.