Degree apprenticeship funding for SMEs
UWE Bristol is the only university in the region with funding from the Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) to support non-levy employers and has secured funding to support apprentices from Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs).
From 1 April 2019, government funding available for SME employers has risen to 95% - leaving only 5% of the training programme costs to be paid by the employer. For example, for an undergraduate degree apprenticeship with a funding cap of £27,000, the employer will only have to contribute £1,350. This contribution will need to be paid before the apprentice starts, in order to comply with ESFA funding rules.
Drawing on our long-standing experience in supporting businesses and organisations in developing their workforce, we will work with you to develop a training plan to suit your business needs. We'll also provide support throughout, and give you periodic reviews.
Further information about funding
Further information about funding can be found via the following resources:
- Gov.uk website – current information about non-levy apprenticeship funding.
- Apprenticeship funding government policy paper – produced by the Department for Education, outlining how apprenticeships can be funded.
Current degree apprenticeships
View details of current degree apprenticeships offered by UWE Bristol.
For any enquiries regarding our degree apprenticeships, please email the Degree Apprenticeships Team at email@example.com or call +44 (0)117 32 81043.