Big-DEAL works closely with a range of organisations, including Balfour Beatty, Costain Limited, Schneider Electric, Waste Plan Solutions, Sustainable Direction Limited, TerOpta.
Big-DEAL has attracted more than £12 million in funding from Innovate UK, the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy (DBEIS), and EPSRC. Big-DEAL carries out industrial research in collaboration with top UK companies and SMEs.
Our mission is to develop:
- a world-leading cross-disciplinary research laboratory that leverages novel digital technologies to address current needs and future challenges;
- commercially sound digital solutions that drive up commercial competitiveness and productivity, and that improve the quality of life and well-being of the society at large.
- Artificial Intelligence: Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Knowledge-based Systems
- Big Data Analytics
- Immersive Technologies: Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality
- Simulation, Mathematical Modelling and Optimisation
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Building Information Modelling (BIM)
- Cyber-physical Security
- Quantum Algorithms
- Mobile Technologies