The Financial Crime Research Network (FCRN) is a network of scholars, students, financial crime professionals, compliance officers and agencies based at UWE Bristol.
Members of the FCRN are actively involved in a wide range of research concerning many forms of financial crime, as well as numerous projects and knowledge exchange activities.
Current research areas
Members of the FCRN are actively involved in research, knowledge exchange and related projects in the following areas:
- Money laundering and virtual currencies.
- The financing of terrorism.
- The relationship between the most recent financial crisis and financial crime.
- Market manipulation.
- Insider dealing and market abuse.
- Tax evasion.
- Money laundering.
- Bribery and corruption.
The FCRN Network objectives are:
- To foster collaborative links and with the financial crime and compliance sector.
- To highlight the expertise of UWE Bristol staff in the area of financial crime.
- To actively engage with external partners through events and externally funded projects.