LLM in Advanced Legal Practice
Our LLM in Advance Legal Practice equips you with an
qualification and includes the Legal Practice Course (LPC) required
for professional practice as a Solicitor. Our LPC is the longest
established in Bristol and the region with particularly strong
links with the legal community and plenty of opportunities to help
secure a training contract. Students can also apply for
postgraduate loan funding to undertake the LLM programme.
There are different options to complete your LLM in Advance Legal Practice, which allow you to focus on your continuing professional development as a reflective practitioner with responsibility for your own development and learning. This reflects the SRA's new Continuing Professional Development regime.
"Bristol's LPC will appeal to those seeking both high-street and commercial training contracts. It's the preferred provider for a lot of the big Bristol firms, has a large alumni network in the region, and offers a pleasingly broad spread of electives." Chambers Student Guide
LLM in Advanced Legal Practice course
- LLM in Advanced Legal Practice course information (full-time and part-time)
Why take the LLM in Advanced Legal Practice at UWE Bristol?
- Eligible for Postgraduate Masters Loan funding.
- Includes the LPC required for professional practice.
- One-to-one pastoral support and award-winning specialist careers’ advice.
- Placement scheme in partnership with Bristol Law Society.
- Expert tuition from experienced solicitors, offering a wealth of practical advice.
- LPC content is highly rated by the Law Society, our students, practitioners and the regulator.
- Masters level modules to help you develop as a reflective practitioner with responsibility for your own development and learning, as per the new Solicitors’ Regulation Authority’s CPD scheme.
- A series of talks, events and networking opportunities that will help immerse you in the Bristol legal world.
- Work on live cases through our award-winning Pro Bono Unit.
- State-of-the-art facilities including a virtual law office and online law library.
Legal Practice Course (LPC) film
Sarah studied the Graduate Diploma in Law (GDL) and Legal Practice Course (LPC) at UWE Bristol before securing a training contract and qualifying as a solicitor at leading firm TLT. Watch Sarah's film and find out how her time at UWE Bristol prepared her for professional practice.
LLM in Advanced Legal Practice course enquiries
If you have an enquiry about the LLM in Advanced Legal Practice please email firstname.lastname@example.org.