Graduate Diploma in Law/Common Professional Examination (GDL/CPE)
Start your legal practice in a supported, active and engaged environment that gives you an excellent grounding for a successful career.
“I chose to do my GDL at UWE Bristol because of all the institutions in the South West it has the best reputation. A number of people I knew had also studied the GDL there and praised it very highly. The course is very well run, the tutors very engaged, and happy to help with any problem.” John, GDL student
Why take the GDL/CPE at UWE Bristol?
- Expert tuition from experienced solicitors and barristers, offering a wealth of practical advice.
- A series of talks, events and networking opportunities that will help immerse you in the Bristol legal world.
- Seamlessly carry on your legal career by studying for the Legal Practice Course or Bar Professional Training at UWE Bristol.
- Outstanding pastoral care and award-winning careers support.
- We run a placement scheme in partnership with the Bristol Law Society that gives you the chance to experience how a real law firm works.
- Work on live cases through our Law Court Clinic.
- Dedicated teaching rooms not shared with students from other courses.
- State-of-the-art facilities including mock courtrooms and an online law library.
Graduate Diploma in Law/CPE film
Watch our Graduate Diploma in Law/CPE film and find out more about the GDL/CPE from our students and some of the firms we work with.
GDL/CPE course enquiries
If you have an enquiry about the Graduate Diploma in Law please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.