News and events
See below for upcoming events and the latest news from the Bristol Business School.
The Bristol Business School hosts and supports a number of events throughout the year including the Distinguished Address Series, the Distinguished Professorial Address Series, Professorial Inaugural Lecture and Economic staff seminars.
- Academia Meets Industry: Engaging for Impact
Bristol Business School's Applied Marketing Group, the Direct Marketing Association & British Academy of Management presents: Academia Meets Industry: Engaging for Impact
- BLCC Research Symposium - Responsible and inclusive leadership: Paradoxes and possibilities
This event, organised by Bristol Leadership and Change Centre in collaboration with the Centre for Responsible Management at the University of Winchester, opens up a space for discussion and reflection around the paradoxes and possibilities of responsible and inclusive leadership, drawing on the latest theory and research in this field. The event is designed for academics, students, consultants and practitioners interested in and/or responsible for the management of people and organisations.
- Professorial Lecture Series: Professor Steve Kempster
Join us at Bristol Business School for a Professorial Lecture with Professor Steve Kempster (Lancaster University) on the topic "What are the responsibilities of business leadership: Generating good dividends?"
- Unlocking performance through employee engagement
Engaging employees so that they're motivated to perform to their potential is key to producing the high levels of productivity and turnover that can be the difference between surviving or flourishing in today's business world. But how do you really become, and stay, effective at employee engagement in a way that yields positive year-on-year growth, if you have little spare budget or you are an SME? This conference is a one-off collaboration between Engage for Success, UWE Bristol and their partners and has assembled a fantastic range of industry experts and practitioners to show you how.
- The 18th International Studying Leadership Conference
16/12/2019 - 17/12/2019
Bristol Leadership and Change Centre is delighted to be hosting the 18th International Studying Leadership Conference in 2019 at Bristol Business School, UWE Bristol.
- Mentoring platform for women in aerospace and aviation to help reduce gender inequality in the industry
- Think tank praises Ofsted's changes but says more can be done
- Free public lecturer series brings top level business leaders to Bristol
- Disruptive technology to predict faults on train tracks and in stations
- Free public lecture series brings top level business leaders to Bristol