News and events
See below for upcoming events and the latest news from the Bristol Business School.
The Bristol Business School hosts and supports a number of events throughout the year including the Distinguished Address Series, the Distinguished Professorial Address Series, Professorial Inaugural Lecture and Economic staff seminars.
- IIPPE Training Workshop: Political Economies of Work
This workshop will appeal to undergraduate and postgraduate students, junior academics and activists who have a particular interest in acquainting themselves with the relevance of Marxian political economy to the contemporary world.
- UWE-BCEF Economics Research Seminar Series - Dr. Costantinos Repapis (Goldsmiths, University of London)
UWE-BCEF Economics Research Seminar Series - Dr. Costantinos Repapis (Goldsmiths, University of London)
"W. Stark, J.M. Keynes and the Mercantilists"
- Guest lecture with Rory Sutherland on ?Alchemy: the surprising power of ideas that don't make sense?
Join us for an evening guest lecture with Rory Sutherland on the topic “Alchemy: the surprising power of ideas that don't make sense”.
- The Causes and Consequences of Trust and Bribery in Society
More trust and less bribery are considered important objectives in their own right and in relation to achieving improved efficiency in a country.
This is a call for papers for a one-day workshop hosted by the Bristol Centre for Economics and Finance at UWE Bristol Business School.
- ONS Economic Forum Spring 2019
Co-organised with the Office for National Statistics this Economic Forum will feature presentations from senior economists working at ONS and some of our UWE Bristol economics academics.
- Think tank praises Ofsted's changes but says more can be done
- Free public lecturer series brings top level business leaders to Bristol
- Disruptive technology to predict faults on train tracks and in stations
- Free public lecture series brings top level business leaders to Bristol
- UWE Bristol shortlisted for Times Higher Awards