UWE Bristol students wearing robes on their graduation day

Replacement certificates and reference requests

Our Student Information Request Team can help you to obtain award certificates and certificates of credit.

Find out about award certificates and certificates of credit

Copies of certificates

If your original award certificate has been lost or damaged, you can apply for a replacement award certificate. Please note: There is a certificate replacement fee.

Copies of certificates of credit (also known as transcripts)

If you require a copy of your certificate of credit (in some institutions this is known as a transcript) you can apply via Student and Academic Services. See information on how to apply for a duplicate certificate of credit.

Academic references

If you graduated within the last five years

You should initially contact your personal tutor. Email the relevant academic directly to request the reference (it is good practice to include some details of your time at UWE Bristol to remind them of who you are). If you're unsure who to contact, the Programme Leaders are listed on the individual course listings.

Find out more on applying for academic verifications, references and letters.

If you graduated more than five years ago

UWE Bristol cannot provide academic references for alumni who graduated more than five years ago. However, we are able to provide you with a verification letter. Please see our information on other types of certificates for further guidance.

References (for employers)

To obtain a reference or confirmation that a job applicant has completed a course at UWE Bristol, you should put your request in writing to the Student Information Request Team via email at infopoint@uwe.ac.uk. View full details of what is required in a reference request.

Back to top