Car Parking at City Campus
City Campus has very limited car parking provision and is only available at Bower Ashton. There is no UWE Bristol car parking at Arnolfini or Spike Island – you'll need to use public car parks. All vehicles, except motorbikes, parked at Bower Ashton (including the Cricket Club) between the core hours of 09:00 and 17:00 Monday to Friday must display a parking permit in their vehicle. Vehicles must be parked in a designated parking bay.
Types of permits
- The cost for an annual permit for the 2018/19 academic year will be £119.
- By having an annual permit, you don’t need to worry about using the pay and display machine or displaying a scratch card.
Permission to park
- The permission to park permit is free. It shows the car parking operators that you’re permitted to park on campus.
- Along with the permit, you’ll need to pay to park each day. You can either use a pay and display machine or display a scratch card from a UWE Bristol retail outlet.
How to apply for a permit
You can apply for both types of permits online through myUWE, under the ‘My Details’ tab. If you’re eligible, you’ll be able to print your permit yourself. It needs to be displayed in your windscreen. Windscreen wallets can be purchased for a small fee from any The Students' Union at UWE shop.
Failure to display a valid car parking permit will result in you receiving a Penalty Charge Notice (PCN).
Where can you park at Bower Ashton
With a permit you can park your car in two places:
- North car park outside A Block
- South car park outside the Design Studio (from Monday 7 January 2019)
- The Cricket Club car park – the right side only. Must leave by 18:30 each night. Please note that this is only free to permit holders until Thursday 31 January 2019.
Without a permit (or if there are no permit spaces available) you can park in public car parks:
- Ashton Court car park (private car park, pay at the pay point – closure times vary during the year). Please note that this is only free to permit holders until Monday 31 December 2018.
- Parking bays in Kennel Lodge Road (pay at meter)
Don't park your car in residential areas around Bower Ashton. All the roads around the campus are either restricted by double yellow lines or have a residents-only permit schemes in place.
Getting a Penalty Charge Notice (PCN)
If you park your car in an unauthorised area including (but not limited to) double yellow lines, disabled bays, pavements, verges, etc you'll receive a PCN.
If you pay your PCN within 14 days, it will be £20. After this, it rises to £40. If you don’t pay your PCN within 28 calendar days, we will request Keeper Details from the DVLA. This can be a lengthy process and you may not receive any further communication about your PCN for many months, but charges will still apply. Don't ignore it, it will only make things worse.
Further details about enforcement and appeals.