Car parking guidance for students
All vehicles, except motorbikes, parked on UWE Bristol campuses between the core hours of 9:00 (7:00 at Frenchay Campus) and 17:00 Monday to Friday must display parking validation in their vehicle windscreen or driver's window. Vehicles must be parked in a designated parking bay.
Please note: UWE Bristol manages parking enforcement under the British Parking Association (BPA) guidelines and is a member of the Approved Operator Scheme. Any breach of UWE Bristol Parking Policy may result in a penalty charge notice and further action that is deemed necessary in accordance with the BPA guidelines.
All undergraduate students who live in the boundary shown in the postcode exclusion zones will not be authorised to park or bring vehicles onto Frenchay Campus.
A valid parking permit is required to be permitted to park on any UWE Bristol campus.
We offer two types of permit. You can:
- buy an annual permit (valid in applicable car parks); or
- register for a free permission to park permit. You'll then need to use the pay and display machines provided or buy and display a gold daily parking scratch card (available at The Students' Union, Frenchay Campus and all catering outlets except OneZone, Frenchay Campus).
How to purchase a permit
You can apply for both types of permits online through your myUWE portal, under the ‘My Details’ tab. If you are eligible for a permit you will then be able to print your PDF permit to be displayed in your windscreen. Free plastic windscreen wallets can be collected from the Travel Info Point at Frenchay Campus or the Info Points at Glenside Campus and Bower Ashton Studios.
Successfully receiving a permit will also grant you swipe card access to the eligible car parks.
Without a permit you cannot park on campus.
The cost for an annual permit for the 2017/18 academic year will be £119.
Permission to park permits are free, and parking costs £3 per day.
Please note: The £119 annual permit is equivalent to 40 days’ parking at the daily rate of £3.
Penalty Charge Notices (PCNs)
If you receive a parking ticket whilst parked on our UWE Bristol campuses please see our enforcement and appeals guidance.
Where to park
Frenchay Campus (authorised users)
- East Entrance car parks (Car Park 1 if you're car sharing, Car Park 2 and 3).
- North Entrance car parks (21, 22 and 23 by the Exhibition and Conference Centre (ECC)).
Download the Frenchay Campus map showing the locations of the car parks available to students.
If you need special access due to a mobility issue, please contact Disability Service for assistance.
Please do not park in neighbouring residential streets. Parking in residential areas has become a huge inconvenience to local residents.
City Campus at Bower Ashton
- UWE Bristol Car park outside A Block (UWE Bristol permit holders)
- Cricket Club (right of entrance only, UWE Bristol permit holders up to 18:30)
- Ashton Court car park (private car park, pay at the pay point – please check the sign for closure times as it varies during the year)
- Parking bays in Kennel Lodge Rd (pay at meter)
All other Bristol campuses (authorised users)
- Glenside - limited parking on campus
- City Campus other locations - no parking available
Please check parking signage for any restrictions.
Postgraduate and Continuing Professional Development (CPD) students
Postgraduate and CPD students are not subject to the undergraduate exclusion zone.
Postgraduate students can apply for an annual pass or along with CPD students can register for a 'permission to park permit' to pay daily through MyUWE - daily parking tokens will still need to be purchased from Glenside Campus or Gloucester Campus for CPD courses taking place there. For CPD courses which include parking you will be emailed instructions/a printable permit prior to the course start date.
Parking at Hartpury Campus or Gloucester Campus
The fine print
Even if you have a permit, we do not guarantee access to individual spaces. Parking on campus is entirely at your own risk.
We accept no responsibility for any vehicle theft or for any loss from or damage to vehicles parked on campus.