Student Hardship Grant
The UWE Bristol Fund can provide Hardship Grants of up to £500 to help students facing unexpected financial problems or additional expenses to remain on their course.
Who can apply?
All students studying at any level currently registered at the University, who are experiencing financial problems that could not reasonably have been anticipated. The grant is not available to help pay course fees or rent.
How much can I apply for?
The maximum award will typically not exceed £500 per student.
How and when to apply?
We are now accepting applications for the Student Hardship Grant.
We also advise checking to see whether you are eligible for other funding options before applying.Apply for a Student Hardship Grant
- Final year undergraduates can apply until Easter.
- Continuing students and postgraduates can apply until Easter.
- The application form should be fully completed and signed before you submit it.
How are applications assessed?
The applications will be subject to the same
scrutiny as those for other funds. If we identify spending
patterns consistent with gambling, drug or alcohol addictions or
other over spending habits the application will not be
As with our other funds we will offer access to support services, advice and guidance to help applicants better manage their spending and address any underlying causes. We would normally expect students to engage in any action plan or other requirements before we make any financial award. This does not preclude another application at a later date on completion of an action plan.
- All applications are considered by the Funds Panel.
- We aim to process all applications as soon as possible, but this may take longer during busy periods such as September and January.
- Sometimes we have to request additional information which may result in a delay to processing.
- We will contact you about your application via your University email address. If you cannot access your University email address for any reason please contact IT Services to have this problem resolved.
We ask in return that students in receipt of this grant help us with the promotion of the UWE Bristol Fund by giving us permission to use their stories (these will be anonymised on request), and/or their image, quotes etc.